The Dance of Typography


Recently, I have been involved in a typography competition for the TypoDay 2019.

TypoDay is organised by the IDC School of Design, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT) Bombay, Mumbai, India.
It is a weekly celebration of typography and it's beauty.

The theme for the 2019 events is Experimental Typography.
A part of this typography celebration, along with workshops and conferences, is a Poster Design Competition.

Specifications for the poster:


Size of the final poster:420mm x 600mm only in portrait format
Resolution: 300 dpi
File type: JPEG or PDF
Color Mode: CMYK



The Poster Design theme - The Dance of Typography.













I have chosen to use my sketches of young Russian ballerinas.
Using their bodies and ballet figures I extracted letters from within their movements.




I think, that my poster may not be up to regulations, I wasn't sure if using an image along the type will be acceptable, however, I didn't receive an answer into this inquiry. Therefore I have decided to go along with the image, as I thought that it will make the message of movement within typography much clearer.




Further, I explored the idea of using this design in a different way, for example as a T-shirt:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction and Reality

Current Project

Working on Parkinson's Disease