Rowlinson Knitwear Competition




I was invited to produce a piece of work for a competition for the local company, who wanted to create an attractive space for their employees.
 Working on this project enabled me to use my skills in a different illustration technique, as well as to keep myself on a tight schedule to bring a piece to life which I’m extremely proud of.
In the end, the piece evolved into a triptych.



  Rowlinson is big on their three main characteristics, which are: CARE, TRUST and BE BETTER.
Therefore, I have decided to use these three elements within my work. However, I had no idea where to start, so I decided to go through the Rowlinson Charter.




 It nudged me into the direction of their biggest clientele. Schools. A lot of Rowlinson business comes from the direct links with schools, for which the company provides a range of sweaters, jumpers, hoodies, sports kits etc., all high quality.

I planned to create one piece, merged from the three key points of the company, but during the process, it evolved into a triptych, where each piece focused on one key.


The technique, that I have decided to utilize was a collage. Mainly, because it had the right atmosphere of hands-on work, as well as it made me connected to the feel of the company, which deals with materials and textures. All three pieces are linked together, by the use of color palette, background and the allusion to the figure of a child and adult, representing two sides of the Rowlinson's catering to schools, as well as to individuals and businesses and offices.


CARE




TRUST



BE BETTER



 During a feedback meeting I had, the production of the background was discussed, which resulted in the layering of buttons with colors linked to the logo of Rowlinson's Knitwear.


It was a great live project and I hope to have more such opportunities.

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction and Reality

Current Project

Working on Parkinson's Disease