Portfolio Review - The Chase

A few weeks ago, we were able to attend a portfolio review meeting at The Chase, a creative studio consultants based in Manchester. You can read more about them here.

 I had the opportunity to talk to Reece Hacking, who is a Junior Designer at The Chase.
Presenting him with my portfolio in a form of a booklet, he proceeded to ask me questions about certain pieces of work and where did they stem from.
 For example, my cover is a part of a larger image, designed for the Hiii Contest, organized in Japan, but open to designers around the world.




 He also asked about the logo at the front, which comes from my interest in Harry Potter, Latin and Sir Edgar Allan Poe's poem The Raven.  The name or the nickname Corvus is a Latin translation of raven, crow. Therefore I thought it's fitting that my logo represents a raven and the word Corvus.


 It was a successful meeting and I hope to have the opportunity for more such occasions.

Here are some points that Reece has talked about:

- Always put your work in context (look image at the end);
- Make sure that your work is up to professional standard, no: bends, blotches, pixelations etc.
  Your work is an extension of you and your reputation. Take care of it;
- Keep the images connected in some way, relate them. If you present different themes and mediums,  try to organize them into groups i.e - collage with collage, digital with digital etc.
- CONTACT details - include them at the front of the portfolio, take pride in it.

In relation to work in context, here is an example of my work in context, as a decorative piece.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction and Reality

Current Project

Working on Parkinson's Disease