Tutorial feedback

26th September

During a recent tutorial with J. I have talked about my project (The Future Self) and the initial plans and ideas for it.
 I have explained ti him that I am basing the project on a poem that I've written Heart vs Brain, which speaks of a feeling that many people encounter during the time, when their mind is overtaking by thoughts and they don't notice their surroundings. Zoning out is common, people have moments when they just 'disappear' in their own world.
My poem is about a person, who experiences the zoning out and then is faced with a car that might drive into them. Their heart and brain are battling, one wants the person to be run over by the car, while the other organ wants the person to get back to safety.

Therefore, my tutor looked through my images and plans for a concertina book and discussed with me the possibilities and various routes that the project might take me to or that I can explore in a more interesting way.
 J. gave me few examples of clever and effective panelling and layout presented in a comic book, called Watchmen, created by an English writer, Alan Moore.





 These certainly gave me something to think about while I am designing the images, particularly with some of the images spread out as bigger and joint over some pages.

Also, when I mentioned that my supporting product of the project will be directed in the idea of 3 gifs, he provided me with an idea of which of my initial sketches will look good as a gif.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction and Reality

Current Project

Working on Parkinson's Disease