Maudie Mural



                                                                     source


For a long while I was thinking about creating a mural for a door in my house.

Designing a mural is an exciting and yet a stressful task, as you want to fit so many objects and colours onto a limited canvas.
My canvas was locked in 198 cm x 76 cm.

I wanted to have something of a sea in the design. Catching myself watching 'Maudie', a movie about Canadian folk artist, Maud Lewis, I took inspiration from the simple colour palette and layout.
 
My designs
 


 All three of the designs had their appeals. I enjoyed #1 for the boat and great blue space planned in the center, yet #3 caught me with the sway of the lines of its lands. However, it was #2 that I thought to bring a balanced spread of scenery.
I decided to stay with the minimal colour palette of primary and secondary hues and shades, particularly enjoying the spots of white throughout.
 
 
Finished mural




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction and Reality

Current Project

Working on Parkinson's Disease